Summer Reading Bliss: Unwind with a Cup of Fresh Brewed Tea
Books to read this summer with a cold drink
This season, treat yourself to the most heavenly pairing: a tall glass of chilled tea and a captivating novel. Let the sun's shining rays and light breeze guide you as you drift away to unknown lands in between each sip. Imagine the sweet satisfaction of sipping on an icy refreshment combined with the enchanting stories and characters found in books. Whether under a tree, by the pool, or simply lounging on a hammock, let this harmonious combination lure you into a world of serenity, curiosity, and joy. So take your pick from delectable drinks and amazing literature - it's time to embark on summertime pursuits that will satisfy both your thirst and imagination!
What pairs well with a self discovery book?
Pairing citrus drinks with a meaningful book offers an exciting experience that will reinvigorate your journey of self discovery. The tangy zest of a citrus tea chilled to perfection elevates the senses, creating a perfect backdrop for introspective reading. A citrus iced tea can provide an invigorating burst that complements the intellectual energy of self-help and growth books. Plus, their natural vibrancy echoes the optimism and enthusiasm that often accompanies personal growth books. So grab a citrus beverage, let it energize your taste buds, and get ready to dive deeper into yourself through inspired reading.
Best books for personal growth
- The Collected Regrets of Clover by Mikki Brammer: Since witnessing her teacher's demise, Clover feels closer to the dying than the living. As her grandfather passes while she's away, she becomes a death doula in NYC. Consumed by her work, Clover's life lacks fulfillment until she embarks on a journey to fulfill an elderly woman's final wishes, unearthing a forgotten love story and potentially finding her own happiness. Amidst the challenges of love and friendship, Clover confronts her true desires and must muster the courage to pursue them.
-> Pair this book with Ginger Lemon Herbal Tea
- Happiness for Beginners by Katherine Center: At thirty-two and divorced, Helen Carpenter decides it's time to reinvent herself. To break free from her usual routine, she enrolls in a wilderness survival course in Wyoming. Thus commences Helen's unconventional journey: enduring a summer blizzard, sorority girls, elk mating season, and exasperating men. Despite the challenges and humiliations, the mountains impart their wisdom, teaching Helen valuable lessons about self-assertion, finding courage in fear, the power of personal narratives, and the necessity of getting lost before finding oneself.
-> Pair this book with Red Rose's New Day Dawning Blood Orange Earl Grey Black Tea
Murder mystery books
Black tea, with its bold and robust character, forms an intriguing partnership with mystery and suspense books. Like the intricate plot twists and enigmatic characters that populate these genres, black tea captivates the senses with its deep flavor and rich aroma. As you delve into the pages of a gripping mystery or heart-pounding thriller, the strong and distinctive taste of black tea heightens mystery books for adults, creating an immersive experience that keeps you on the edge of your seat. The robust tea mirrors the intensity and complexity of the narrative, enhancing the thrilling atmosphere and adding an extra layer of depth to the reading experience. Moreover, the ritual of brewing and sipping black tea creates a sense of anticipation and focus, aligning perfectly with the suspenseful nature of these genres. So, brew a steaming cup of black tea, let its bold flavors envelop you, and allow yourself to be transported into a world of suspense, intrigue, and unyielding cozy mystery books.
Best mystery books to read this summer
- All the Dangerous Things by Stacy Willingham: Isabelle Drake's life turned upside down when her son was abducted a year ago. Desperate to find him, she suffers from chronic insomnia. To uncover new leads, she agrees to be interviewed by a true-crime podcaster, but his probing raises unsettling memories from her own past. Isabelle questions her own recollections of the night her son vanished and struggles to trust anyone, including herself. Yet, her determination to uncover the truth remains unwavering, regardless of where it may ultimately lead her.
-> Pair this with our Black Tea K cups
- The Change by Kirsten Miller: In the coastal town of Mattauk, three women find empowerment in midlife changes. Nessa hears voices from the dead, inherited from her grandmother. Harriett, on the verge of 50, undergoes a transformative experience after career and marriage setbacks. Jo, battling body image issues, discovers her power through menopause symptoms. Guided by Nessa's voices, they investigate the murder of a discarded teenage girl, defying the police's dismissal of her as a drug-addicted sex worker. Their search uncovers more bodies and leads to an exclusive enclave of immense wealth. United by their newfound abilities, Jo, Nessa, and Harriett take justice into their own hands.
-> Pair with Vanilla Caramel Black Tea
How to enjoy your romance books this summer?
Herbal flower tea, with its delicate and aromatic profile, provides a delightful pairing with romantic beach reads. Just as the soft sea breeze carries the scents of blooming flowers, the gentle floral notes of herbal teas evoke a sense of romance and tranquility. Sipping on a cup of herbal floral tea while engrossed in a beachside love story creates a harmonious ambiance that enhances the overall reading experience. The soothing and fragrant qualities of herbal floral teas mirror the tender and heartfelt emotions often found in romantic novels to read, allowing you to immerse yourself fully in the idyllic beach setting and the captivating love story unfolding on the pages. Furthermore, the act of savoring the tea creates a moment of relaxation, complementing the leisurely pace of a beach read and encouraging a deeper connection with the characters and their romantic journey. So, prepare a cup of herbal floral tea, let its gentle aromas transport you to a blossoming seaside paradise, and surrender to the enchantment of both the story and the soothing elixir as you lose yourself in the world of love and sun-kissed shores.
Romantic beach read top picks and iced tea pairings
- Romantic Comedy by Curtis Sittenfeld: Sally Milz, a sketch writer for "The Night Owls," mocks the phenomenon of average-looking men dating beautiful and accomplished women in a sketch called the Danny Horst Rule. However, when pop music sensation Noah Brewster, known for dating models, appears on the show, Sally finds herself drawn to him. As they collaborate, she questions if there could be a real connection between them. Curtis Sittenfeld's story delves into the complexities of love, analyzing societal norms and gender dynamics in the modern era while portraying complex female characters with her astute observations.
-> Pair with Let It Go Honey Lavender Herbal Tea
- The Seven Year Slip by Ashley Poston: Clementine's worst day changes her perspective on life. She decides to protect her heart by staying busy, working hard, finding someone decent to love, and pursuing her metaphorical dream of chasing the moon. Everything goes smoothly until she encounters a peculiar man in her late aunt's apartment—a man she would have fallen for in the past. The catch is, he exists seven years ago while she lives seven years ahead. Her aunt's apartment is a timeless space, blurring moments like watercolors. Clementine fears that giving in to love will lead to her downfall, knowing it's about timing, not time itself.
-> Pair with Every Sip Counts Strawberry Kiwi Hibiscus Herbal Tea