Chocolate Tea Crinkle Cookies
Classic chocolate crinkle cookies are perfect for the holidays! Soft and chewy on the inside, slightly crisp on the edges, your family and Santa will eat them up!
Prep Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Serving Size: about 2 dozen cookies
- 1 Red Rose Earl Grey teabag
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsps. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tbsps. butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cups confectioners' sugar
- Brew tea according to directions. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cocoa powder and butter until combined. Stir in eggs, tea and vanilla. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and toss in powdered sugar. Place balls on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until cookies are cracked slightly but soft in the middle.
- Transfer to wire rack and cool completely. Enjoy!