Earl Grey Drizzle
Who doesn’t love a sweet and chocolatey brownie? Our classic brownie recipe is easy to pull together, but our secret ingredient is our Earl Grey drizzle! Our Earl Grey drizzle is a mix of confectioner’s sugar and our classic Red Rose Earl Grey Tea. Whisk both ingredients together and in an instant you have a creamy, fragrant drizzle with just a hint of citrusy bergamot flavor. Perfect for teatime or anytime you need a a tea and chocolate fix.
These brownies pair well with all your favorite Red Rose Tea blends!
Yields 16 brownies
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup brewed Earl Grey tea
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour an 8-inch square pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Beat in cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.
- To make the Earl Grey Drizzle: Whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and brewed tea. Once cooled, drizzle this mixture over the brownies. Serve and enjoy with loved ones.