Easy Slow Cooker Recipes
Fall days call for your favorite comfort food. Fill your slow cooker with these soul-warming recipes. All these recipes are easy to make and family favorites!
This easy beef stew recipe is perfect for a weeknight.
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt & pepper
- 1 lb. beef stew meat
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 32-oz. carton beef broth
- 1 yellow onion cut into strips
- 2 cups carrots
- 1 lb. of potatoes, diced
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss flour, salt, pepper and beef in large bowl until beef is coated.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a large pan, add beef mixture; cook and stir until mostly browned.
- Stir in any remaining flour from the bowl and then transfer the beef to the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining olive oil and the onion to the pan. Cook the onion, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Pour about ½ cup of the beef broth into the pan and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Transfer the contents of the pan to the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients, including the rest of the broth, to the slow cooker. Stir gently to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until the vegetables and meat are tender and cooked through.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Chicken Pot Pie
Mouthwatering chicken and mixed veggies in a creamy sauce topped with your favorite biscuits.
- 3 skinless boneless chicken breasts diced
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 large potato peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 biscuits (homemade or refrigerated/bake as directed)
- Add diced chicken, onion, and potato to slow cooker.
- Combine cream of chicken soup, chicken broth and seasonings. Add mixture to slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Add mixed vegetables and cook on low for 1 hour more.
- Stir pot pie mixture, spoon into bowls and top with biscuits.
Black Bean Soup
The perfect black bean soup recipe! It’s healthy and very easy to toss together.
- 3 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Mash or puree to your liking.
- Stir and enjoy with your favorite bread and crackers!
Cinnamon Roll Casserole
It is the perfect dessert to throw together in minutes.
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup of milk
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 cans of cinnamon rolls
- Cut each cinnamon roll into quarters and place one can of cinnamon rolls into the crock pot.
- In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Pour over the cinnamon rolls in the crock pot. Place the remaining cinnamon rolls on top.
- Drizzle one icing packet over the cinnamon rolls.
- Place the crock pot lid on top and cook on low for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove lid and drizzle the last icing packet over the cinnamon rolls.
*Cinnamon Roll Casserole recipe from @eatingonadime