Black Tea Banana Muffins
Bake our sweet Black Tea Banana Muffins for a Valentine’s Day morning treat!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Serving Size: 2 dozen
- 2 Red Rose English Breakfast Tea Bags (2 tea bags per one cup of tea - add more tea bags if you desire a stronger taste, etc.)
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Please muffin cups in muffin tin, or grease with a butter.
- Brew tea according to package. Allow tea to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, oil and egg until creamy. Add brewed tea (only need a 1/2 cup), followed by the mashed bananas.
- Finally, add flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until completely smooth.
- Spoon batter into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.