Enjoy Fall and Scones with This Tasty Homemade Caramel Apple Recipe
Say Goodbye to Summer and a Big Hello to Fall Flavors
Summer is always fun but when fall is around the corner, we can’t help but be excited to pop on our favorite flannel shirts and hunt down all the delicious autumn flavors to cook up. With autumn in full swing, it’s that time of year to cook up some cozy, comforting, and nourishing meals at home. Apples, particularly caramel apple pie, are must haves to eat during the fall.
Homemade apple pie spice brings a feeling of belonging and warmth like no other flavor. The taste of granny smiths with soft caramel baked with a homemade pie crust bring back sweet childhood and family memories.
A Fall Breakfast Idea with Delicious Apple Pie Spice
Looking for a warm beverage like hot apple cider but without the sugar or searching for a new fall breakfast idea to warm you up? Apple pie spice is the perfect combination of spices and flavors that make you think of autumn. Apple pie spice is a fan favorite that can be used in various favorite fall recipes to bake and pair with a cup of tea.
Our caramel apple pie scone recipe combines a favorite dessert with a breakfast pastry that, when paired with tea, is simply heavenly.
Even better, Red Rose’s Caramel Apple Pie Tea allows you to treat yourself with the taste of a slice of decadence minus the calories in a cup of tea bursting with the deliciousness of one of our favorite pies. Our herbal tea can be enjoyed any time of day and has hints of crisp apples blended with the richness of caramel. It’s a great option for those who are limiting their baking or sugar intake to still indulge in.
Apple Spice Scone Ingredients
Prep time: 1.5 hours
Cook time: 25 minutes
Serving Size: about 1 dozen scones
Ingredients (for the scones):
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tbsps. baking powder
- 6 oz. chopped apples of your choice (about 1 large apple)
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp. heavy cream
- 3 Red Rose Caramel Apple Pie tea bags
- 2 tbsps. chilled butter
- 1 tsp. salt
Ingredients (for the glaze):
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Red Rose Caramel Apple Pie tea bag
Instructions (for the scones):
- Steep three tea bags in heavy cream for an hour
- Chop apples and put in a separate bowl
- Mix with cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger
- In another bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt and baking powder together
- Add in chilled and cubed butter and mix until it looks like fine crumbs
- Take tea bags out of heavy cream and add cream to flour/butter mixture
- Mix with a fork or your hands until just combined and then add the apples
- Combine until a cohesive mixture (should be a little wet, but still hold together)
- Chill for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes, preheat over to 400 degrees F
- Roll out the dough into a circle and cut into equal sized triangles
- Please on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 22 minutes
Caramel Apple Pie Scone Recipe
- Steep the tea bag in water for 20 minutes
- Mix cream with powdered sugar and cinnamon until a drizzle-able glaze forms
- Please in small sauce pot on the stove and bring to a boil
- Boil for 3 minutes until reduced and slightly thickened
- Drizzle over scones and top with coarse salt
Did you make this recipe?
Make sure to mention @redroseteaus!